Saturday, January 24, 2015

Making realistic cookies/brownies with salt dough

 I wanted to share what is now my favorite recipe for realism in the baking cookies department. So much easier then the paper clay coloring as shown HERE  Here is the recipe
4c flour
1 1/2 c water
1c salt
mix it up and sculpt then airdry!
I baked mine in the oven on the lowest temp just to get them drier faster so I could "Frost" them.
I put a few drops of brown paint in the dough to darken it a tiny bit to look more realistic. I almost forgot to take a pic of what it looked like unpainted. Because of the salt content it made it hard to get the dough dark enough so I just used a chocolate colored paint after and it worked wonderfully! see pics below.

 comparison of sliced piece painted

 here it is painted and "frosted" isn't is beautiful! I made this to fit into one of my daughters toy baking dishes she loves to pretend to cut and serve this one.  you can see that it shrunk a bit when it dried. but I'd rather have it be a bit too small than too big and not fit.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment