Saturday, January 24, 2015

Pink rose realistic cake

Isn't this a pretty little cake?


This was a really fun one and I plan on doing more. The dollar store had these flat round foam pieces in sets of 2 so I bought 2, cut and layered them, then painted the inside of foam cream. To get the pice cut straight I just traced the circle on a piece of paper, folded it to get it into a third and traced onto the foam then cut with razor each one individually.
I stuck it together with white caulking, with out squishing the inside pieces so there was more room to show the "frosting"
 


 then let that dry before you do the outside or else it will move when you are working with it. Then I just covered with white, then pumped a whole tube into a bowl added pink paint and mixed it up. I put it in a frosting bag with tube and did the rosettes all over then let dry. I really love this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment